Most divers feel a need to pee in their wetsuits while scuba diving. Do you succumb to the call of nature underwater? Why or Why Not?
I cant pee
- I didn't think it was possible! I was on a 12 m dive recently and was dying to pee. I tried letting it go but it just wouldn't. It got so painful that I had to surface. The relief off the back of the boat was fantastic. I thought that the extra pressure stopped urination - it just wont come out! Trying to force it (as I did) just felt like it would rupture something elsewhere. Anyone with the same experiences?
- —Guest Sol
- Of course you should pee in your wetsuit. You can't take it off on the beach or ocean, everyone would see your private parts.
- —Guest Kumon Sucks
- Wow am I relieved to read this. My instructor told us not to pee in our wetsuits and he has like 4000 dives. Then I noticed he dives in swim trunks with a hooded top. Now I get it! In any case my problem was probably made worse by trying to wear an equally sized farmer john over a full wetsuit, thus constricting everything even more and probably shunting more blood to my core. Won't do that again. Will pee!
- —Guest Pedro
- Fascinating - I thought it was just me!
I wear a drysuit and always feel a need to pee as soon as the zip is done up. This is not improved by carting heavy kit about. I always need to go urgently after a dive, but you have to learn to hang on until you get ashore if you're female - drysuit pee-valves aren't much use to us... But so far I've never neeeded to pee while actually under water, even in a wetsuit. (And no, I'm not lying about it! Maybe it's because I've always dived in a drysuit, which is *not* a good thing to pee in, or maybe it's because I wouldn't dream of peeing in my own clothes, so why would I let myself do it in a wet- or drysuit?.)
- —Guest Greyhound
Do you pee in your wetsuit...
- I can't pee in my wetsuit while diving. I have tried it to but I just can't. I will attempt to pee during surface time. I will jump into the sea around waist deep, pull down my wetsuit to waist level and do it...
- —Guest Andrew
- Ditto what Guest Sherri said...you're either peeing or you're lying! :-)
- —Guest SelkeGirl
Of course I pee in my wetsuit
- I have a "skin in" wetsuit with no nylon lining, just smooth rubber. Therefore, the pee chemicals do not get stuck in the nylon, but just flush out. So, a brief rinse keeps it from smelling.
- There are 2 kinds of divers, those who pee in their wetsuits, and those who lie about it.;)
- —Guest Sherri